Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A Fake Business Overview

What makes a good business? Where exactly do I start? These are some of the questions that many first time business owners have probably asked themselves.

I, for one, am not the business owner type. I know this. I have no desire to start a business. It is not because I think I am going to fail, only because I have no real passion for it.

My fake business is just enough for me. My fake business for class will be my outlet for seeing if this wacky idea that occurred to my friends and I over dinner is really worth it, but most likely it will just be an idea and never come to fruition.

My idea for a business is to have a restaurant where you can play video games. Much like a Dave and Busters, this place will feature good food and a good time with family and friends.

I have no idea what it would cost to start something like this up: $10,000? $50,000? $100,000? I am not sure. But, what I do know is that there is a market out there for this.

How many times, if you play video games, have you sat with your friends eating food and having fun? A lot, right? I think a place like this could really shine, in that regard.

Now, what makes this business different from just ordering out and being in the comfort of your own home is that you can have parties, tournaments, and bring your own games and gear.

How will we get guests to leave so others can enjoy the fun? Well, renting a room could be an option. If your dinner stops but your fun does, renting a game room would be the next step.

The food, I hope, would be reasonable; anywhere from $5-$20. Again, I have no idea what I should charge for these fake meals, so I am just going off what sounds reasonable to me. Of course there will be a bar which will have drinks from $5-$9 with specials running several nights out of the week.

I was thinking that there should be a gaming fee; a couple dollars for insurance purposes. It really bothers me that places like Dave and Busters has you pay for tokens; you are already paying for a full meal! So having a small charge to keep up on the up keep of the consoles, games, maintenance, etc. of the items is reasonable.

Overall, this idea is pretty cool. Would I ever make it a reality? No, because I am not too crazy about owning my own business. But, it is nice to map it out and be creative with a fake business.

No comments:

Post a Comment